Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Find One Reason to Smile: Anita Hawkins







Anita Hawkins

 The combination of brains, beauty, and business savvy culminate to form a powerful force for change. Anita Hawkins, businesswoman and author, has combined these passions in order to promote health, wellness, and womanhood. From the start of her contracting company, Trokar Industries LLC, in 2006 to her most recent venture as an author, Hawkins has maintained class and character while also pushing toward greater successes in her career.

From humble beginnings in Indiana to international travel and philanthropy overseas, there is a clear sense of duty with the work that Anita Hawkins does. Living a Christian lifestyle and growing her own determination have both allowed her to do more than she originally pictured.

“I have been truly blessed. I have overcome against the steepest odds against me. I was one of those children that needed saving. I don't believe God blesses us with abundance for us to keep it all to ourselves, and I can certainly say that I have experienced more joy in giving than I ever have in receiving.  It is a moral duty to bless others when you have been blessed,” Hawkins said.

And this idea of moral duty didn’t stop with philanthropy and service in the form of time and money. Anita Hawkins added the role of author to her body of work with a novel titled “Storm After the Storm” chronicling the lead character, Storm, through the struggles and tribulations of life. This idea of triumph against adversity has been a thread in her life and career, even as she helped to raise money and awareness for organizations such as Women Called Moses.

I am so grateful to everyone who generously gave to the [Women Called Moses] campaign. [The Director] works day and night to help women and children, and in some cases men, in life threatening situations. To reach out into the Southern sector and give them a donation that will go such a long way was such a blessing for me as well as [the organization],” Hawkins noted.

Overall, her story of mobility and success in life has been an inspiration to many others. Hawkins aims to be a light for those who need support. She says that this support that she received, along with prayer and faith in God, are what allowed her to reach her platform today.  Anita Hawkins is a great resource, advocate, and supporter of social development and justice. She will continue to use her persona to pursue even greater aspects of growth.

For more information on Anita Hawkins, check out all of her social media. Also, you can read through the full interview below.


1. Tell us about Find One Reason to Smile?

Find One Reason to Smile is a movement I launched in order to help others to find the joy in their daily lives and always be thankful and keep their one reason to smile in mind regardless of life's adversities.  It started as a Facebook community where individuals were able to share their own inspiring stories of turning tragedy into triumph and uplifting stories of what makes them smile and a place where others could come to be inspired.

2. What inspired you to title your first coffee table book “ Find One Reason to Smile.”?

The coffee table book was a result of the FB campaign. I wanted Find One Reason to Smile to be a tangible way to benefit those in need; so, I came up with the idea to take all the positive messages that were coming in and tie it to a charity so the book could be used as a means to raise funds for organizations in need. The first organization for which we raised funds was Women Called Moses, a domestic violence outreach center in South Dallas.

3. What advice can you give someone who is currently going through a storm?
To just go through it. To face it head on and don't let it defeat you, but use it to make your stronger and allow it to be a testimony to strengthen others once it has passed. Because all storms pass. We just have to determine the person we will be when we come out the other side. My first novel, Storm After the Storm, is set to be published later this year. It is a mostly biographical account of events from my own life told though the character Storm. Through her adversities she blossoms into a strong, courageous and beautiful woman. Without the storm, we can easily forget to appreciate life's sunny days.

4. Whenever you become discouraged in life what motivates you to keep going?
My faith in God and his ability to see me through any obstacles I may face.  I have lived through many of life's storms and all of those things that I went through from being raped as a child, to being a teenage mother and being on my own at only 15. I survived by the grace of God, and I know that with his strength and help, I can face anything that comes my way.

5. Tell us about the fundraising campaign you started on behalf of Women Called Moses. what was your goal and how did it feel to raise $14,400?
 It was wonderful to present Women Called Moses with that donation. I am so grateful to everyone who generously gave to the campaign. Debra Bowles works day and night to help women and children and in some cases men, in life threatening situations.  And they don't receive the big donations like some of the other organizations in the city. To reach out into the Southern sector and give them a donation that will go such a long way to help so many was such a blessing for me as well as them.

6. If you could travel to any country and spend three million dollars feeding the poor what country would that be and why?
I would have to say Africa. I had the honor of traveling there last year, and I was swept away by the culture and the awe inspiring sights of the country. I would love to go back and help in such a monumental way.



7. You live by the proverb “To whom much is given , much is required.” Why it that proverb important to you? and Why is it important that others live by it?

I have been truly blessed. I have overcome against the steepest odds against me. I was one of those children that needed saving. It is unthinkable that I would hoard all that I have been blessed with when you look at where I have come from.  I don't believe God blesses us with abundance for us to keep it all to ourselves, and I can certainly say that I have experienced more joy in giving than I ever have in receiving.  It is a moral duty to bless others when you have been blessed.


8.  How can we support Find One Reason to Smile, Minnies Food Pantry and Women Called Moses?
Find One Reason to Smile will be selecting another charity in the near future. Folks can check in periodically on the website at www.findonereasontosmile.com for the next campaign. Contact Women Called Moses at www.womencalledmoses.org and Minnie's Food Pantry at www.minniesfoodpantry.org.

9. Please provide us with your social media information?

FB Anita Hawkins
FB Fresh Healthy Cafe
Twitter @AEHFASHION
Instagram aehfashion
Instagram  freshhealthycafedfw



Thank You for supporting K.M. Speaks,
Vvdaul R. Holloway
Community Blogger




 

 BE INSPIRED. BE MOTIVATED. BE ENCOURAGED! If you have or know of someone with  a Business or Non-Profit Organizations please e-mail www.knowmoreclothing@gmail.com to have your story featured on Know More Speaks. Subject: Know More Speaks. The purpose of this blog is to inspire, motivate and encourage others in our community We also love to shed light on Business Owners and Non-Profit Organizations. Thank you for supporting KNOW MORE SPEAKS!  #CreatingConnections. Don't forget to shop at www.knowmoreclothing.com for your Faith inspired t-shirts!




 NOTE: We are currently seeking someone to edit our blogs this is a unpaid job however volunteer hours are given. For more information please email www.knowmoreclothing@gmail.com with the  Subject: Blog Editor.














a










No comments:

Post a Comment